MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS AND YOUR OWN.
Few jobs have more impact on the lives of others than that of an MCSO detention officer. You’ll be helping ensure the safety and wellbeing of millions. And by so doing, impacting your own life by doing meaningful work and securing your future.
A CAREER IS HERE FOR THE MAKING.
As an MCSO detention officer, your career opportunities are numerous. You can grow in rank (Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain), earn a position on other specialized detention teams, or even pursue other careers within MCSO, such as Deputy Sheriff, Dispatch or a variety of civilian positions.
Specialized Detention Officer Positions:
- Background Investigations
- Court Security
- Jail Intelligence
- K-9 Handler
- Recruit Training Officer
- Special Response Team
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Be an effective communicator, even in the most challenging of situations.
- Care about the safety and wellbeing of others, both within and outside a jail setting.
- Respect all individuals regardless of background or socio-economic status.
- Embrace the concepts of integrity, accountability and transparency as core values.
- Collaborate with team members, supervisors and managers to forward the mission and vision of MCSO.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED (or are expected to graduate/receive GED within 90 days from the beginning of training).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or be eligible to work in the U.S.
- For other special requirements and minimum physical readiness standards, click here.