$42,640 Starting Salary + $3,000 Sign-on Incentive
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS AND YOUR OWN.
Few jobs have more impact on the lives of others than that of a MCSO Detention Officer. You’ll be helping ensure the safety and wellbeing of millions. And by so doing, impacting your own life by doing meaningful work and securing your future.
A CAREER IS HERE FOR THE MAKING.
As a MCSO Detention Officer, your career opportunities are numerous. You can grow in rank (Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain), earn a position on other specialized detention teams, or even pursue other careers within MCSO, such as Deputy Sheriff, Dispatch or a variety of civilian positions.
Specialized Detention Officer Positions:
- Background Investigations
- Court Security
- Jail Intelligence
- K-9 Handler
- Recruit Training Officer
- Special Response Team
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Be an effective communicator, even in the most challenging of situations
- Care about the safety and wellbeing of others, both within and outside a jail setting
- Respect all individuals regardless of background or socio-economic status
- Embrace the concepts of integrity, accountability and transparency as core values
- Collaborate with team members, supervisors and managers to forward the mission and vision of MCSO
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED (or are expected to graduate/receive GED within 90 days from the beginning of training)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or be eligible to work in the U.S.
- For other special requirements and minimum physical readiness standards, click here
$3,000 sign-on incentive
Paid Education and Training
Paid Holidays and vacation
Following a successful application process, post-hire participation in a paid, 12-week detention academy is required.